Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Magic Trunk

I'm going to be reading a story I wrote at the First Annual Story Telling Festival at The Kansas City Zoo. This event is open to Kansas City Zoo Docents only for this year, since it's a first time thing. It's to honor the memory of one of our long time docents who passed away this year.

I think it should be a lot of fun. My story is called "The Magic Trunk" it's about an elephant named Bimini who paints pictures with her trunk. I don't know if I could even call it "fiction" becasue we have real elephants at the zoo who do the exact same thing, but I hope I can bring a bit of humor to the story.

I found a really cool elephant puppet that has a moveable trunk. I attached a paintbursh to it, and I can make the puppet actually paint. This is going to be more a test of my "acting" skills than my writing. But I'm never afraid to make a fool of myself.

***DISCLAIMER: Any opinions expressed on this site are my own and do not reflect the opinions of the Kansas City Zoo

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an awesome story!! I just watched a video about elephants painting a couple months ago--I had now idea our KC Zoo elephants were just as talented. How awesome!!!

    Have fun with your acting/puppeteering/reading :)

    ReplyDelete