Monday, April 5, 2010

The First Five Pages

I had a busy Easter weekend and didn't get a chance to update my blog so here's a summary of the last few days in the writing life.

We had a great critique group meeting Thursday night. Everyone's MS are coming along really well. We all acknowledged what hard work writing is, which is an important realization for everyone to come to. If all writers would become part of a critique group and start treating writing like the serious business it is, there would undoubtedly be a lot fewer crappy MS out there gumming up the works.

I picked up another book on craft this weekend called The First Five pages, by Noah Lukeman. It focuses on getting your book ready for submission. I think this is just what I need to get ZR shaped up for my next round of submissions.