Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day Six: POV What to do? What to do?

I'm going back and forth about my POV.  When I first wrote the manuscript, I wrote it in 3rd person omniscient, period, end-of-story, like it or leave it.  It had a great, fun voice that poked a bit of fun at the main character.  But the more the main character evolves, the less I like the voice.  Plus, everyone says that  omniscient is out, and you need to write in 1st/3rd person.  ( I wonder how A Series of Unfortunate Events, and A Tale of Desperaux got published if that's the case?) 

So then I decided, I'll just switch everything to 3rd person with one main POV and a secondary POV for one of the sub-plots.  Problem is, I just don't like it as well.  All of the snarky little comments that made the story fun are gone. 

I think I've made up my mind and I'm going back to omniscient.  I just hope I still feel this way when I get to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment