So I took a break leading up to Christmas, but got back to work on Monday. However, I was working so hard on my revisions I didn't take any time to blog. I'll try to make up for that now.
After over a week away I went back to my manuscript and did full re-write. (I highly recommend taking time away between re-writes if you can. It gives you a fresh perspective. Anyway, I changed all my speaker attributions, settled on the omnicient POV, set-up a limited time frame for story. After doing this on paper, I had to come back and re-type everything.
*** I finally decided to go with the omnicient POV for this story. This was my original inclination and the more I read the story the more I liked it. It gives a chance to look at the characters more as they are, not so much how they see themselves. Since they're zombies, this is a more accurate and a funnier view. However, I've tried to close in on each of them from time to time, especially Milo and especially toward the end of the story.
I spent the day working out my chapter length and changing the structure of the chapters so that some of the chapters end in cliff-hangers. This was a major issue with the original story. Each chapter had a conclusion that left nothing to the imagination.
I made a bold choice at the end of chapter 3. I'll have to solicit feedback from my critique group. I added my cliff hangers where necessary. I'm pretty happy with my chapter lengths. They are fairly even from a low of 2.95 manuscript pages to a high of 8.15 manuscript pages. It's 23 chapters 128 pages and around 5.6 pages per chapter. I feel like the chapters are pretty balanced.
I also finished reading Self Editing for Fictions Writers. I plan to review again for Show Vs Tell based on this book.