I’m always looking for questions to ask my characters; anything to pull them out of their shell and see how they act in foreign territory. I wondered what it would be like if my characters participated in other Middle Grade and Young Adult stories. How would they act in Narnia, or at Hogwarts? It’s interesting to see how your characters act in a completely different setting.
A small New England town is suddenly, inexplicably cut off from the rest of the world, trapping a large cast of characters inside (or outside) a huge, clear dome. As the emergency escalates, various heroes (and villains) emerge to play a part in the drama. What is the dome? Why is it there? Will the town survive? This is the premise of Stephen King's big, long, thoroughly fascinating new novel.
Under The Dome
1) If your character were cut off from civilization, would they take a leadership role, or let others make the decisions?
2) Does your character have anything to repent for?
3) How would your character respond to being cut of or trapped somewhere with no way out?
4) If your character was the target of a bully, would they use brawn or brains to protect themselves?
5) Would your character ever contemplate suicide in a desperate situation?