Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

I spent the past two days editing my whole book for, Show vs Tell.  Mainly looking for areas of Narrative Summary that needed to be changed to scenes or dialogue, or placed where I expressed a characters emotions instead of showing them.  I didn't find a great deal of narrative summary, assuming of course that I knew what I was looking for.  But overall, I think that this book is more heavy on action and diaglogue.  I hope that's OK since it's a "boy book"

I also tried something a little different on this pass through.  I started in the middle of the book instead of the beginning.  I was starting to feel that the beginning of the book was getting more attention than the end, and that at the end I peetered out and didn't do as good a job of catching things.  I think this was right, because I certainly made more changes to the middle and end of the book this round than I did the beginning. 

With many more revisions to go, hopefully I'll catch everything from beginning to end.  Next up is Character and Exposition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment