Thursday, March 11, 2010

Query Crazy

I'm back at the query process again. Attempting to find agents who are a good fit for my work, and craft a query letter to meet their individual requirements. I'm tyring to follow a strategy that I've seen online. First to make sure the agents represent middle-grade, duh. But also to send out a few queries at a time. If I don't get any kind of positive response, then I need to go back to square one and try to figure out what the problem is.

So I picked three more agencies that I think would be a good fit. But if they don't feel the same, then I have to accept that and move on. All three agencies are asking for 3-4 weeks to review my query. What a waiting game this business is. But now that I'm done with that for the night. I can get back to more fun.