Monday, March 1, 2010

On Sequels and Drawing

I really liked this post by Nathan Bransford http://blog.nathanbransford.com/ regarding writing sequels.  This lets me off the hook for writing a sequel for Zombie Rabbit right away.  As much as I love Milo and company, I really want to work on something else before I tackle their next journey.  It's funny though, I never start out even thinking of a sequel, and then often times a sequel just occurs to me.  It almost seems like in MG you have to have some type of sequel rolling.  Kids like to revisit familiar characters and places.  Anyway, I'm not too worried about it.  Find an angent, sell the first book, then worry about writing the sequel.

Drawing, painting, and now add photoshopping to the list of thing I can't do.  I thought I might be able to photoshop me a little picture of a zombie rabbit, squirrel, cat, etc... to put on a web site, but no not so much.  Maybe I'll try paper, stamps, etc...  That's something I at least have a clue about.  Actually that's not a bad idea.  I'll have to get to work on that.  But not until Friday, I have to finish my MS critique for my critique group partner tonight.  Tomorrow night, book club # 2.  Wednesday night 3rd Grade Musical for my neice and Thursday night critique group.  I better get out of cyber land and get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment