http://tessyquin.blogspot.com/I was overjoyed to win two very special awards from Tessa Quinn who is not only an awesome blog buddy, but a great writer, and a native of Iceland.
The Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
1)Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
2)Share seven things about yourself.
3)Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4)Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you’ve picked for the award.
One Lovely Blog Award Rules:
1)Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2)Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
3)Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Seven Things About Myself:
1) I live in the great state of Kansas, outside of Kansas City, MO. It's almost as cool as living in Iceland, but not quite. (Especially when it's 100 degrees with 100 percent humidity.)
2) I'm very sarcastic. (Maybe you already picked up on that though.)
3) I am a docent at the KC Zoo. I volunteer as part of the Education Department to educate zoo guests about the animals that we are privileged to care for.
4) I have two cats (Margaret and Mitchell) and two mice (Laura and Louisa). I name all of my pets after my favorite authors. (I had to give Mitchell a middle name because his behavior is so bad, I needed two names to really yell at him in an impactful way. His middle name is Lafayette after my Grandfather.)
5) I have three nieces and one nephew. I see them every weekend, and love them like crazy.
6) I knit for fun and relaxation, and every year I attempt to make 50 pairs of slippers which I donate to my church. The slippers are given to nursing home patients as Christmas gifts.
7) I sponsor two sisters in Uganda whose parents died of AIDS. They are like daughters to me, and I hope to go to Uganda sometime in the next year to visit them.
Here are the people I'm passing the awards on to:
You have probably all figured out how "technology challenged" I am, so I hope this works out they way I wanted it to. Anyway, Thanks again Tessa, and Thanks to all the wonderful bloggers out there who make everyday a new creative experience.