Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What Would Your Character Say/Do Wednesday:

I’m always looking for questions to ask my characters; anything to pull them out of their shell and see how they act in foreign territory. I wondered what it would be like if my characters participated in other Middle Grade and Young Adult stories. How would they act in Narnia, or at Hogwarts? It’s interesting to see how your characters act in a completely different setting.

Interview questions for your character based on “Twilight.”

1)If your character became immortal, how would they spend the next millennium?

2)How would your character feel about drinking blood for sustenance?

3)Who would your character want to “change” if he/she were a vampire?

4)What would your character have to give up to become a vampire?

5)Does your character believe in being “imprinted” on someone, and if so whom are they imprinted on?

5 comments:

  1. Sadly, I don't think my characters would go for the whole vampire thing. At least in my main novel they enjoy life and want to life it as it is, not be immortal and shunned by society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I don't write fiction, but I love the idea of thinking about your characters so deeply that you try to figure out how they'd respond or do certain things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Melissa,

    I admire your blogs so much that I've decided to award you the Versatile Blogger and One Lovely Blog Awards. Congrats, you deserve them! (See them on my page and copy them to yours, if you wish)

    Tessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of my characters would cringee at the thought of living forever, with one or two notable exceptions.
    Still this is a great exercise for getting to know your character. Asking what they would do if put into these other situations will really help us to figure out who our characters are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm using Richard from my novel, even though he's not the main character.

    1) He would spend the millennium fighting the urge to drink from humans.

    2)He would hate it. He wouldn't do it, as long as he could control it. He's probably lock himself away somewhere to avoid it.

    3)Change? Back into a human? Definitely!

    4)His aunt, twin sister (who would be nagging him to change her into a vampire), his dignity, and self-control.

    5)Yes, he would believe it - but I'd be spoiling things if I said who that person was.

    ReplyDelete