Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Last Weeks Writing Hours Tally

Last week, Patti Nelson http://pattinielson.blogspot.com/ challenged her followers to keep track of the number of hours we spent either writing, or revising. I just started a new WIP so I also had some character development to do, so I included that time as well.

Monday:
Monday I was so fired up about my new WIP and the character I was writing that I couldn't do anything hardly but write. I did still have to do my job, work out, eat, pee, etc. But I spent 5 hours and 30 minutes writing.

Tuesday:
I usually cook all my meals for the week on Tuesday night, and since this can be quite time consuming, I only got 3 and a half hours in.

Wednesday:
I had several things going on and was only able to get 2 hours in.

Thursday:
I realized that I had less than 4 days to read my book for book club. I went and bought it and when I saw how dense it was, I knew I'd have to put writing on the back burner to focus on reading this book. But I still got in 2 hours.

Friday:
I was frantically trying to read the book, but took out a couple of hours to write

Total for Monday-Friday: 14 hours.

I like the idea of keeping track and being accountable for my writing. I'm going to try to find a way to post this on a regular basis.

So how did you do on your writing? Do you ever have days when you just can't stop writing? What about days when you can't seem to get started?

3 comments:

  1. I have more days when I struggle to get started than days when I can't stop writing. Your tally is great! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 14 hours is very good!

    I have more days where I seem to not be able to get started... I wish it were the other way round though ;)

    I love those days when I start writing, and I hit a great flow that just continues for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    Found your blog through A. Grey's blog.

    I LOVED this post, so much so that I'm putting up a link to it on my blog. (With credit to you of course).

    Christi Corbett

    Christi Corbett

    ReplyDelete