Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Kidlit Contest

I've been working really hard to get my manuscript up to snuff so I can enter this contest on Kidlit.com.  Mary Kole, with Andrea Brown Literary Agency is running the contest.  One of the requirements is that you post the contest to two other web-sites.  Sound simple right?  Unfortunately, I'm such a neophyte at this blogging, social networking, thing that I'm not at all sure I did this right.  I posted it to the SCBWI discussion boards, and on my blog on Jacket Flap.  However, I've already seen the same information posted on these sights previously.  I hope this doesn't disqualify me. 

I really am trying to get this all figured out.  It's unbelievable how much information is out there for writers.  Frankly it's overwhelming.  Anyway, Mary's site is one of the best out there.  She tells it like it is, but she really tells it.  She posts daily about things writers need to know.  I honestly don't know how she does it, because like all agents she has a full day of work, and then reading slush, etc. after hours.  And I'm not just saying this because she might check up on my blog. 

Whether you enter the contest or not, check out her blog, along with Kristen Nelson's they are two of my favorites.

Kidlit Contest

No comments:

Post a Comment