Tuesday, February 16, 2010

1 Query: 1 Rejection down

I queried an agent I've had my eye on for a long time, and got back a rejection within 12 hours.  Maybe I should be depressed and discouraged by this, but I"m not.  The only thing I would have wished for, besides a gushing offer of representation, would have been some feedback on my query.  I think I know what happened, which is that this isn't the best agency for this particular book.  It's a better fit for my earlier novel, which is why I've had my eye on her for so long. 

Anyway, overall it could have been much worse.  It could have taken her weeks to get back to me with a rejection.  As all fo the agent blogs say, just because they reject you, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the project, just not a good fit foro them.

No comments:

Post a Comment