Thursday, February 25, 2010

Beta Readers

I'm bringing copies of my MS to book club tonight to foist off on my "book club sisters".  Luckily many of them have middle-grade readers, so they are a good audience for my book.  I'm anxious to see what they have to say about it.  I'm a little concerned though because I haven't been able to generate much interest from my neice and nephew.  I'm blaming it on the fact that my 3rd grade neice doesn't like to read, and my 1st grade nephew is a bit young, but you never know.  It might just be crap. 

Of course getting another rejection, now 2 for 2 from an agent is making me maudlin.  But at least she responded quickly to my query. 

I'm really hoping to get some great drawings from the kids who read the story, so I can put them on the blog.  I think it'll be fun to see what they think Milo, Farley, etc look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment