Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Seeing Red

My manuscript is bleeding from all the red ink I've used on this revision.  I intentionally waited until I was down to the dreaded punctuation review to use any red ink on my MS.  Now that I'm going back to front, line-by-line, with four different punctuation referrences spread out around me, my manuscript has become quite gory.  And I'm not talking about the story. 

I just don't know how it's possible for one well educated woman to be so obtuse about punctuation.  I mean seriously.  I just still don't really get it.  Don't get me wrong, going line by line, I've finally figured out how to spot some things, but others I have to labor over. 

That makes me wonder if anyone, other than editors really knows this stuff.  How did I get a 3.87 in my MBA writing like this?  It's crazy!  But I am determined.  It's going to take all week to get it done, but I'm going through every line to make sure that they have the best punctuation I can provide.  Whether it will be right or not, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment