Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Half Broke Horses

I don't ususally post book reviews on my site, and especially not for grown up books, but this book was so great I just had to share.

Jeannette Walls, the author of "The Glass Castle" wrote this book about the life of her Grandmother, Lily Casey Smith. What a woman. I love these strong, no nonsence women who literally tamed the West, and made our modern, and easy lives possilbe.

If you haven't read The Glass Castle, I'd highly recomend you read them both together. If you've read The Glass Castle, Half Broke Horses will add a whole knew element of comprehension to that story.

Has anyone out there read either of these books or both? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read either of these books, but I might have to check them out. Sometimes the larger-than-life real people impress me more than the fictional ones.

    ReplyDelete