Monday, July 26, 2010

Number 101

I met my goal of posting 100 times in a year with my post yesterday. When I first started blogging, I kept it pretty low key. I was knew to blogging, both to reading blogs and definately to writing blogs. I didn't know what to expect, so I wanted to see if this was something I could do on a consistent basis. I don't blog everyday, and never planned to, ususally about 1 day in three is good for me. But there have been times when it's been difficult to think of something to blog about. At those times I probably let five or six days go by before adding anything. But in trying to add something of value for other writers, I want to be as consistent as possible, and provide information of value.

What do you do when you run out of inspiration for your blog?

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! Blogging isn't always easy and takes a lot of time. I never run out of post ideas because I have the thesaurus entries, but each one requires significant researching to complete.

    When I'm looking at writing related posts tho, I try to do something that hasn't been done to death, or do it in a new way. I look at concepts I'm struggling with or angles of writing that don't get a lot of air time and post about it.

    Think of your audience and what they need most. Writers like strong information delivered in bite sized pieces, posts that will show them ways to save time and posts that will inspire them or offer emotional support. Links to strong resources, helpful websites or great writer-centric content are always appreciated too I find.

    All the best!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a big part of it is keeping the posts reasonably short and to-the-point. I see a lot of blogs that will have a twelve-page rambling and then not post anything for a couple months, and my thinking is just break that massive post up into smaller pieces. Can't afford to read a single blog post for a whole hour. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my theory too, short, relevant posts that make people think, but don't suck down too much time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. grats for your 100 posts. Blogging is such hard work. Coming up with ideas for new posts is also hard work. I always have to be thinking about it. I jot down brief ideas during the week and expand them on the weekend ready to post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you need to do what you're comfortable with. Short posts are easier for the reader, but not all writers can say what they need to in a short[er] post. Of course, they can always break up the topic they're writing about.

    ReplyDelete